Sunday 8 April 2012

To YouTube or Not to YouTube?

It all started about three years ago when I discovered the 'Beauty' community on YouTube. I came across it whilst struggling with my liquid liner. Not sure what I was thinking at the time, but I decided to type into Google 'How to apply liquid liner'. I never expected to find a video on such a thing, not even sure who the so called 'Guru' was for that video, but never the less I was hooked on the whole idea and began to search and subscribe to all the beautiful ladies on YouTube.

My fav of all time was Lollipop26. Maybe it's because she is British also, but I loved her reviews, tutorials and always looked forward to see what she had bought on her travels. Unfortunately I believe Laura lost the love and most probably the time to make these videos, as I suspect she is a very busy lady. At least we still have her blog!

Most recently I have discovered Fleur from Fleurdeforce and wonder how I have not discovered her before. She always looks flawless and seems extremely genuine. She is the typical girl next door and her vlogs are extremely entertaining.

If you are looking for expert advice on makeup application or creative ideas for a special occasion, the ladies of Pixiwoo are where you should turn your attention. Sam and Nic are professional Makeup Artists and regularly upload videos which are a must watch!!

Three years on and I still check daily for new videos and try to keep up to date with these and many other subscriptions I have, all the time wishing I would of taken the courage to start these videos myself. So this brings me to this blog post, do I now take the leap into the land of YouTube or is there too many people now discovering and wanting a piece of this very big pie.

I would love to know everyone’s thoughts about YouTube and whether or not I should join this fantastic community.  

Check out Fleur
Visit Laura's Blog
Watch Pixiwoo

No comments:

Post a Comment